The Texas Troubadour Songwriter Classic is a Texas-based competition sponsored by the Bosque Arts Center in Clifton Texas. In its fourth year, this national songwriting contest, founded to encourage the craft of country music songwriting, awards $3,000 in cash prizes each year: $1500 Texas Troubadour Award for top singer/songwriter, $1,000 Song of the Year Award, and the $500 People’s Choice Award.
DATES | FEES | ENTRY
Opens – March
Deadlines – August
Live Performance Invitations – August 22
Live Performances – October 22
Song Of The Year Winner Announcement – October 22
- Songwriter only: $15 per song submitted online/$20 per song submitted via mail
- Texas Troubadour Live Performance Entry Fee: $15
- Total cost for Texas Troubadour Live Performance Entry = $60 ($15 fee + 3 songs @ $15)
HOW IT WORKS
- Troubadour Entries.
To enter the live event, you must submit three songs in the song category. Upload three songs in mp3 format and a link to a performance video of one of the songs being submitted.
- Song Of The Year.
Will be announced at the live event.
- Troubadour Finals.
Letters of invitation to live show participants will be mailed the week of August 22nd. The finals will take place at the live performances event on Saturday, October 22, 2016.
TEXAS TROUBADOUR SONGWRITER CLASSIC PRIZES
- $1,500 awarded to the Texas Troubadour winner
- $1,000 awarded to the songwriter winning Song of the Year
- $500 People’s Choice Award will also be voted on and given to the fan favorite after live performances
- Texas Troubadour – Bill Sibley
- Song Of The Year – Brooke Elizabeth Malouf “Red Alabama Mud”
- People’s Choice – Stoney Gabel