The Mountain Stage Newsong Contest is one of the premier showcases of talented singer-songwriters across multiple genres of music in North America. The contest is open to all genres of music, although songs must include a vocal with lyrics to be considered to advance.
This is a performing songwriter competition, not a songwriting competition, and your submission will be judged using that criteria.
NewSong Recordings artists and former contest standouts Chris Velan, Lora-Faye, Amber Rubarth, Arthur Alligood and Diana Jones.
DATES | FEES | ENTRY
Opens – September
Early Bird Deadline – October (two semi-finalists advance)
Remaining Finalist announcement – December
- Early Bird: $25 1 song, $45 for 2 songs, $20 each additional after two
- After Early Bird: $30 1st song, $25 2nd song, $20 each additional after two
ENTER | RULES
HOW IT WORKS
Finalists will compete in the live performance showcase and competition at New York’s esteemed Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts.
Live Performance showcase @ Lincoln Center – January
Grand prize winner announced at showcase
MOUNTAIN STAGE NEWSONG CONTEST PRIZES
- Grand Prize Winner:
- An EP Recorded and Mixed at Asheville, NC’s Echo Mountain Recording Studios and released on the NewSong Recordings label.
- A showcase performance at the prestigious ASCAP Music Café at the 2016 Sundance Film Festival.
- A future performance of their own at Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts in New York City